From June 21 the following additional changes will be implemented:
- Customers with EDR/MTR – enrolled devices will continue to upload to the Sophos Data Lake but they will no longer be able to query email or firewall data.
- Customers with Intercept X Advanced/Intercept X Advanced for Server – Live Discover will be removed from enrolled devices. They will still see Live Discover in Sophos Central but won’t see endpoint/server queries and if they try to run Data Lake queries they will receive a ‘customer not licensed’ error.
- The XDR and EDR Data Lake EAPs are still planned to close permanently on August 2, at which point enrolled devices will revert to their recommended software version.
Testing XDR and new EDR capabilities
Existing customers can start an in-product trial by clicking the ‘Free Trials’ link in the bottom of the Left-Hand navigation menu in Sophos Central:
- Non EDR customers looking to try EDR can start an Intercept X Advanced with EDR Endpoint and/or Server trial
- Customers licensed for EDR can try Sophos XDR capabilities by starting an XDR trial
New customers who start a Sophos Central trial will receive a license which gives 30-day access to the Sophos Data Lake and will be licensed to send all cross-product data into the Sophos Data Lake.
You can share this post on the community forums that covers the changes.