After a successful early access program, the Sophos Network Security Team is thrilled to announce the integration between Sophos ZTNA and Sophos Firewall is generally available.
Both Sophos Firewall v19.5 MR3 and the new v20 release (currently available via early access) now include a fully integrated ZTNA gateway within the firewall. This integration makes ZTNA deployments easier than ever by not requiring a separate ZTNA gateway VM to be deployed to provide secure access to applications, systems, and data behind the firewall. Essentially, your Sophos Firewall now also serves double duty as a ZTNA gateway.
There are many benefits to this integrated gateway solution:
- It reduces the customer’s hardware footprint and will ensure they do not have to invest in other platform licenses or hardware resources when deploying ZTNA
- It works everywhere a Sophos Firewall is deployed – head offices, branch offices, and public cloud (Azure or AWS) – on any form factor SFOS supports.
- Rapid deployment – in just a few minutes
- It works with firewalls in high availability (HA) mode for added resiliency and redundancy
- It enables easy remote management of the firewall via SSH or the Webadmin portal without exposing these to the WAN – greatly reducing the surface area of attack
- It’s free – there is no change in licensing and agent behavior: ZTNA agents will work seamlessly across any of our gateway platforms – now including Sophos Firewalls
ZTNA deployment couldn’t be easier:
What’s needed to get started:
- Sophos Firewall v19.5 MR3, or v20 (available via early access)
- Sophos ZTNA license or a free trial
- Role-based access control for both Firewalls and ZTNA
Share the news with your Prospects and Customers: