Federal agencies recently issued an unprecedented warning concerning “an increased and imminent cybercrime threat to U.S. hospitals and healthcare providers.”
The joint cybersecurity advisory comes from the Cybersecurity Infrastructure and Security Agency (CISA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
We’ve put together the following resources to help you in your conversations with customers and prospects.
Dedicated healthcare ransomware landing page
Sophos.com/HealthcareRansomware contains background on the advisory and guidance for organizations under active attack, existing Sophos customers, and non-Sophos customers.
Based on the scenario, visitors will be advised to leverage our new Rapid Response service, the MTR service, or to trial Intercept X. There’s also a 2.5-minute video outlining the various options and advice for current customers to ensure they’re properly protected. U.S. healthcare customers have also received an email pointing them to the site.
We’ve also created a collection of auxiliary content to support the landing page:
- Naked Security | FBI “ransomware warning” for healthcare is a warning for everyone!
- Sophos News | Healthcare and ransomware: 5 critical steps to take
- Sophos News | The realities of ransomware: 5 signs you’re about to be attacked
- SophosLabs Uncut | They’re back: inside a new Ryuk ransomware attack
- SophosLabs Uncut | Hacks for sale: inside the Buer Loader malware-as-a-service
- Whitepaper | Incident response planning guide
- Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | SophosLabs Twitter | Chet Wisniewski comments on the advisory
- Guide | 4 key tips from incident response experts
- Podcast | Chet and Kim Truong discuss the advisory
Check back often for updates to this list. We’ll add new resources as they go live.